Our client has developed a digital platform for cross-border remittances. With the help of technology, they make remittances cheaper, safer and smarter while helping some of the world’s poorest to save on expensive fees when sending money to support their loved ones. This fintech company is backed by some of the most prominent investors in the Nordics.
As our client is gaining traction in the German market, they will open an office in the Frankfurt area. As a Country Manager (m/w/d) of Germany, you will initially be responsible for building and leading a small German team of Community Managers to focus on customer acquisition. In the establishment phase you will be directly supported by a member of the management team relocating to Germany.
Your main tasks will be to:
- Establish, lead and motivate the German team
- Set strategy and have a long-term P&L responsibility for the German market
- Create and coordinate offline marketing activities together with German team
- Coordinate online marketing activities with the Swedish team
- Give input and support product adaption to the German market
Our client is looking for a doer, who is willing to get their hands dirty. At the same time the role demands analytical thinking and the ability to motivate and inspire co-workers to create results. It is a high-impact role requiring combination of commercial and people management skills.
Ideally, you have:
- An academic degree in a field such as business, economics or marketing (other fields will be considered)
- At least three years of work experience in a fast-moving field (e.g. start-up, consulting); big plus if you’ve been working with immigrants as the primary target group
- An entrepreneurial mindset with strong orientation towards results
- Ability to work and lead a multicultural team of people from different backgrounds
- The urge to experiment with new ideas and find creative solutions to new problems, while staying humble, learn from mistakes and rapidly abandon ideas if not working
- The ability to work independently on strategic and operative day-to-day task, while still being a team player
- Written and oral fluency in German and English language
You want to get more information?
Feel free to contact me via Email firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to talking with you.